Monday, October 13, 2008

a draft from Thursday

Whoops, somehow this never got posted?
One way to ensure all your staff will actually come to your monthly meeting?

Come bearing treats.

Today it's cupcakes. Last month it was lemon meringue cake/pie.

This is lovely, and of course I'll eat a cupcake if everyone else is doing it... but our staff meetings are at 9:30 am. I feel like they're pumping us full of sugar like a 5 year old before kindergarten. Never a good idea when productivity is your day's goal.

German lover boy called me last night. Seems trivial right? Well, you're wrong. Remember that we have been communicated via COMPUTERS for the past half a year. Of course I knew him in college, but we never were actually pursuing one another's attention at that time, so this is big. And I loved it. I loved his voice (fucking dreaaaaamy) and it was just so easy to talk to him. Of course I was giddy for hours.

More in a few hours.

Cupcake time.
A little too late now that I've actually hung out with Pete but whatever.

1 comment:

Stella said...

People bring me chocolate when they want me to be productive. Of course, sometimes I kind of overdose on it (yes, it can happen) and I go into a comatose state where I just blank out for a few minutes. I come to eventually, and the work gets done.

www.datingwho.blogspot.com