Wednesday, September 17, 2008

i feel incompetent today

There's one person in my new office that intimidates me. Maybe that's not the best way to phrase it, but I just don't feel like I've proved myself to him yet... like everytime he walks by he judges me. I always get the sense that he's disapproving of me, thinks I'm lazy, fail to take initiative... I don't know, but I don't like it.

Then today, little things like how I just happened to be taking a bite out of the biggest, frosted with sprinkles sugar cookie when I turned the corner to see two professional men standing on the other side of our all glass, front door. Keep in mind that it's my job to buzz these people in so that they don't have to stand outside looking like lost little children.

Well they were standing outside, looking like lost little children, and they saw me indulging in my cookie.

1 comment:

PinkAvocado said...

lol that's awesome.

funny thing is, my manager from my last job used to make me feel like that, but he wanted to make people feel like that, 'till this day, i want to kill him. ugh. i hate men like that.