Wednesday, September 24, 2008

morning after damage control

I'm really big on damage control, but more often than not I try to fix my screw ups and actually just make things worse.

Remember how I was all hot to trot about going out after work last night? Terrible idea. Okay, not a terrible idea, it was really fun, but it’s normal for me that a “really fun night” comes with some pretty heavy consequences. I’m a fucking idiot.

One might wonder: how many things could I possibly regret doing on a Tuesday night? When you’re a twenty something, drunk, somewhere on a Tuesday night… the answer is way too many.

With each mistake I feel more and more like a character out of an Anna Maxted book. I AM an Anna Maxted character. Give me a British accent and I’d fit the mold perfectly. Anyways, I can’t wait to share all my idiot moves from last night… but for now I’m going home.

Yes, it's only 1:15p and I’m leaving work because apparently everyone in the office bought my 7:00a email, short and to the point, lacking enough details so that everyone would be crawling with sympathy:

Hi all, I woke up around 3a with a full blown migraine so I am coming in late today.

Well “late” turned into 12:30p and I swear 5 minutes had not even passed before every single employee managed to look pathetically at me and say “oh my god why’d you even bother coming in? you must feel terrible” or “oooh my, hunny, why don’t you just go home?” or “are you feeling any better? No? didn't think so you look like you’re about to cry” or my favorite, the always dreaded comment “oooh, you don’t look so good.” No shit sherlock, I'm hungover as hell.

Oh that's right they think I'm mid migraine. Either I’m a really good actress or this hangover is shining right through my makeup and cute outfit day because this migraine free girl actually does look like shit… so I’m told.

But, point is I’m not passing up this opportunity to head home! After a long, 45 minute work day. Hey, you can’t be given the green light from every, single employee to go home and “get back in bed” and not take it, can you?

As soon as I’m home, back in bed, I’ll work up the courage to share with you all the idiotic drunk texts, messages, calls I made last night…

No comments: