Tuesday, September 23, 2008

some music needs air, roll down your window.

Recently Clever Girl Goes Blog posted a soundtrack to her life. Not that I think she was the first to think of such a thing (as I'm sure all of us music lovers have done so a trillion times) but kudos for posting. Got me thinking, and to be honest, streamlining my music obsession into one 13 track CD would be nearly impossible.

Keeping with the themes of my blog: sex, love and boys, I'll try to spit out a few songs that make me cry, cringe or vomit - those that reduce me to a god awful flashback of some[man] who has come and, regretfully (or not so regretfully) gone... from my life. So this is the start of my "God, why I am such a desperate, clueless, moron when it comes to sex, love and boys?" soundtrack.

Ugh, starting with:

Brian - the old guy who can't seem to grow out of his play-on-playa-homeboy-wannabe phase. The one who remains incredibly inarticulate and seemingly unintelligent - who also managed to break my heart... twice three, four, how many times? What a mistake.
Apologize by Timbaland: I must have changed my Myspace profile to feature this song 25 times during the two or three months (or 6 months, a year?) that I tried to convince myself I could walk away from our saga with the upper hand. I kept listening to this song thinking that I was over him, and he couldn't have me back, to quote the song... it was too late to apologize. Unfortunately once reality (or my best friend Lindsey) slapped me across the face I realized that he wasn't trying to apologize, or have me back... he didn't even want to talk to me.

Zach - the 3 year high school into college high school sweetheart. Should I even try to list all of "our songs?" Probably not.
I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston: During one of our nasty, terribly heart breaking break ups (all my doing, god I was heartless) he sent me a CD. I was in college, he was still in high school. I received the CD in the mail and like an idiot, decided to open it between classes when I was checking my email in the computer lab. I put my headphones in the computer to spare the entire school from listening to what my desperate ex-boyfriend was sending me. Like an even bigger idiot, I put the headphones into the wrong hole and proceeded to get about 2 minutes into Whitney Houston belting out a terribly sappy song, before the kind soul next to me tapped my shoulder and asked if I could turn down my music... he was trying to write a paper.

Ryan - the dear, dear friend with whom I had a lovely emotional love affair with for 7 years which was then ruined by one sweaty make out session and two drunken fucks.
Blinded By the Light by Manfred Mann: For 7 years he and I texted, called, or left a blaring voice mail to inform the other that this song had just came on where ever we were. We danced like fools who were so high on life a dozen times, in a dozen different bars, in a number of different cities to this song. It started because on our first date at the beginning of those 7 years we watched Blow on his couch. This then became one of our "songs" and for no reason we just took to it. I probably should have read into the lyrics a bit more and taken "she was blinded by the light" as a sign that he was Bad News Bears...

More to come with David (the Hollywood movie star), Todd (the long distance soul mate), Ian (the cheating, head games, college boyfriend) and the list will continue...

For now I'm going to fancy myself with a little after work party at a bar downtown. How very posh of me... I don't even know how fancy is supposed to be used... and beers and a baseball game probably do not count as posh.

But whatever.

xoxo

No comments: