Friday, September 12, 2008

meeting of the minds best friends' ex boyfriends?

On the eh... mode of public transportation unique to my city... this morning I ran into not one but TWO of my best friends' ex boyfriends. And these aren't just like oh the awkward blind date ex boyfriends or the raunchy one night stand kind of people. We're talking sigh, first loves. And first loves they were! Elena and Nick are ridiculously complicated, dated for like five or six years? And still have managed to sustain a high level of "it's complicated" even though they no longer speak let alone see each other. Well folks, I saw AND spoke to good old Nicky baby this morning and I have to admit, for probably the first time in my 10 years of knowing him... he looked good, real good. Then there's Jake. Lindsay's first love (from over 6 years ago) and still the man who makes guest appearances in her dreams, oh I don't know, multiple times a week. Scratch the 'guest appearance' comment - he legitimately stars in her dreams. She melts at the sound of his name. I don't blame her. Ivy League grad now attending Ivy League med school? Not bad.

Too bad both of these men have new girlfriends. Serious girlfriends at that. Which brings me to an impending conversation I must have with this trusted, honest blog: the man with the girlfriend, the unavailable man, the man who ALWAYS seems to be more attractive once he's taken.

Unfortunately for me, when this conversation does happen, I'll only have one word to describe myself: homewrecker. I can't help it. Well, of course I could help it if I wanted to help it. I could make the decision not to hook up with people with significant others. Alas my morals aren't that flawless and I have a long string of hook ups (and flings and lusts and afjdklasfjdaskl GOD I always fall hard) with the ones I can't have.

Much more about this later. I'm about to being a 4 hour training on web design. Funny.

No comments: